When individuals are in the process of acquiring a new vehicle, there often arises a question: What are the top-performing trucks available in the current market? This query emerges particularly when contemplating a transition from one's existing make and model. It might involve an aspiration to transition to a more substantial or potent option, suitable for undertaking projects in previously uncharted territories. Alternatively, it could stem from the desire to seek insights and guidance from fellow enthusiasts who have encountered the significant juncture of making such a substantial investment choice.
The monthly truck sales data provides insights into what particular makes have sold best in that month. This data is provided from the Truck Industry Council and is broken down by market segment – heavy, medium and light duty. This can be invaluable for buyers to see what other operators have selected as what they consider the best trucks in a particular category. The truck sales figures for 2022 are heading for record-breaking numbers and the December figures should be out in the next week or so.
Sales data may provide indications on the best trucks but another indication is the opinion of the experts as provided through awards programs. In late December, the experts at trucksales announced their shortlist for the Innovation and Safety Awards for 2023 for the truck industry. These awards are judged by a panel of experts.
The truck manufacturing industry has made significant advances in innovation and these awards appear a great way to showcase the developments while providing valuable information for buyers looking for the best trucks.
Innovation Award Shortlist
The shortlist for the trucksales Innovation Award for 2023 are:-
- Cummins fuel agnostic engines: Latest technology X15 from Cummins which includes a fuel-agnostic cylinder head which enables the vehicle to operate with a number of fuels – bio-diesel, HVO and hydrogen.
- Heavy duty electric trucks from Volvo: These are the FM and the FH electric models which trucksales reports are headed to the Australian market this year.
- eActros from Mercedes-Benz: Another electric vehicle makes the short list and is also tipped to be available in the local market this year.
- Fuso’s Next Gen eCanter: Winner of the 2022 Innovation gone, the new series has what the expert judges consider significant upgrades. Keep an eye out for the Australian launch.
- On-board mass measuring system from Knorr-Bremse: This is an Australian-developed system and has impressed the judges to make the short list.
Safety Award Shortlist
Safety is always a hot issue in the transport sector and many organisations and manufacturers work hard to continual improve safety of trucks and general road safety.
The short list includes trucks and programs:-
- RYDA program: A road safety education program which has been the industry icon for 21 years.
- Rollout of Scania’s electric vehicles: The preparedness of Scania in being ready to safely deal with battery electric systems etc has made the shortlist. The company has been making preparations across all business levels to be ready for what will be in its product line-up in the future.
- MAN Next Gen: The safety features on this new-gen vehicle has impressed the judges. Possibly worth a test drive by those seeking a new vehicle with the latest in both passive and active safety systems.
- AEB and ESC mandates: The mandates by the Australian Government for new heavy vehicles to have both ESC and ABS to improve driver and road user safety.
- NHVR campaign: The Don’t #uck with a Truck campaign made the shortlist by impressing the judges with its provocative approach aimed at educating younger drivers.
Keep an eye on truck sales for the announcement of the winners in both these very important awards categories.
Finance for the Best Trucks
Making the personal decision around which are the best trucks will clearly depend very much on the individual requirements of the business operation. The final decision on purchasing what are considered the best trucks on the market may come down to acquiring affordable truck finance at cheaper rates. While a number of electric trucks feature in the awards, the affordability, interest rates and other aspects of the truck finance as arranged through Jade Truck Loans would be the same for all types of new vehicles - electric, fuel-agnostic and traditional diesel.
In sourcing truck finance, operators have an important decision around the loan itself to be made – which finance product is the ‘best’ for their business and the truck acquisition.
We offer a complete portfolio of truck finance products:-
The differences across the selection relate primarily to accounting measures and to the suitability to meet the objectives of the individual business. These aspects are best discussed with the business accountant. We can then assist operators to ensure they achieve the most affordable finance with cheaper interest rates for the best trucks on the market. Trucks that have the latest innovations and safety features to contribute to achieving improved productivity and increased profitability.
Contact Jade Truck Loans on 1300 000 003 to discuss finance for the best trucks on the market.
DISCLAIMER: THIS INFORMATION IS ISSUED PURELY FOR THE PURPOSE OF GENERAL INFORMATION PROVISION. IT IS NOT TO BE TAKEN AS THE ONLY SOURCE OF INFORMATION FOR BASING FINANCIAL DECISION-MAKING. THOSE REQUIRING FINANCIAL GUIDANCE AND ADVICE SHOULD CONSULT WITH THEIR FINANCIAL CONSULTANT OR ADVISOR. NO LIABILITY IS ACCEPTED FOR ANY MISREPRESENTATION OF POLICIES, DATA OR ERRORS IN THIS CONTENT.