With COVID-19 border restrictions causing havoc for many long-haul and interstate drivers, the new Actros has a key feature which is sure to be of particular interest - the innovative new design of the cab which essential creates a lounge area for the driver. But more on that to come. The Actros from Mercedes-Benz has been on the market for a few years but this latest model, according to the brand and some reviews we spied, is truly special.
The key innovations and new features cover greater safety, improved efficiency, comfort and reliability. Specifically we note the inclusion of mirror cameras, an award-winning new truck innovation, the company’s Predictive Powertrain Control, the cab and cockpit comfort factor and a number of assistance systems.
New Features Overview
- Safety: the assistance systems include Lane Keeping Assist, Stability Control Assist, Active Brake Assist and Attention Assist. Other safety features are the Active Brake Asist, Proximity Control Assist and the Mirror Camera. This particularly is attracting a lot of attention and has been awarded in a recent truck industry awards program for innovation.
- Comfort: as long-haul drivers are well aware, comfort is not just about personal driver luxury is it is vital to productivity which goes hand in hand with safety on the roads. The Actros has features designed to counter fatigue, ergonomically designed aspects to create a motivating workplace for drivers and technology to enhance the driver experience. The Multimedia Cockpit has a heap of features to check out and the sleeper cab design you just have to see for yourself! The SoloStar Cab is worth considering.
The new sleeping cabin design appears quite unique. The driver and passenger seats fold down to create a lounge style area and then a sleeping bed with an innerspring mattress. Looks very luxurious and no doubt what many drivers need to refresh en route. If you face a long wait at a border crossing or issues with permit changes and COVID-19 testing protocols – just pull over and rest in comfort for a while!
- Efficiency: lowering costs is vital in the transport sector and Merc have obliged with the economical Euro VI engines. These are available across 4 displacement classes plus there are optimised aerodynamics, drive programs with fuel-saving features and the Predictive Powertrain Control. This optimises the driving style to suit the topography of your route to generate fuel savings.
- Reliability: those that know Mercedes-Benz and particularly Actros trucks may have come to accept reliability as standard. But according to the company, this is achieved with their robust design, axles which are application-specific and the high quality components throughout the vehicle. The longer intervals between maintenance are designed to further enhance cost-savings.
The new Actros is suitable to many transport applications in the heavy-duty and long-haul sector and buyers can select a number of variants to optimise their vehicle to suit their individual requirements. There are 7 cab variations and 3 engine tunnels to choose from.
The Actros model range includes:- 4 x 2 prime mover, 6 x 2 prime mover, 6 x 4 prime mover for application as a single trailer, 6 x 4 for B-doubles and 6 x 4 for road trains. Within each model there are a number of cab and engine options.
The specifics: 15.6 litre OM 473 engine, 12 speed transmission, 1100 litre fuel capacity.
Which new Actros will be your next workspace? Check out all the technical data, specs and details
Cheap Loans for Actros
With so many options and variants, the new Mercedes-Benz Actros will no doubt attract attention from truck buyers across many industry sectors. The flexibility to allow for single trailers, B-doubles and road trains opens the market to many operators.
While Merc has included many innovative new features aimed at delivering cost-savings, a truly affordable and cost-effective truck purchase is achieved with a cheap truck finance deal through Jade Truck Loans.
Our array of commercial truck finance products suits diverse business structures and financial objectives. For potential Actros buyers, Jade Truck Loans presents:
Discuss with your accountant which is most suitable to deliver the ROI and savings you expect for your business. Your Jade consultant will structure your Actros finance to best meet your requirements. Powered with all the loan features you expect from Jade.
- Cheaper truck loan interest rates.
- An interest rate fixed for the full term of your loan to allow future cash flow and investment planning.
- Monthly repayments to suit your cash flow and fixed for the full loan term.
- A truck loan term which is fixed and negotiated to best meet your expectations.
- Refinancing truck Finance balloon or residual.
To be organised before you inspect an Actros at the Mercedes-Benz dealership, get a pre-approved truck loan through Jade Truck Loans. You’ll be ready to deal and know what optional extras and accessories you have budgeted to include.
To arrange a cheap truck loan on a new Actros, contact Jade Truck Loans on 1300 000 003
DISCLAIMER: ALL INFORMATION PRESENTED IN THESE ARTICLES IS FOR GENERAL INFORMATIONAL PURPOSES AND BUSINESSES AND INDIVIDUALS SHOULD SEEK INDEPENDENT FINANCIAL ADVICE IN REGARD TO THEIR OWN FINANCIAL DECISIONS AND CIRCUMSTANCES. DETAILS ON GOVERNMENT MEASURES, POLICIES AND GUIDELINES AND VEHICLE DETAILS AND SPECS HAVE BEEN SOURCED FROM PUBLICLY AVAILABLE WEBSITES AND SOURCES. LIABILITY IS NOT ACCEPTED FOR ERRORS IN INTERPRETATION OR PRESENTATION OF ANY FACTS AND DETAILS FROM THIRD PARTIES. WE ADVISE INDIVIDUALS TO CHECK DETAILS DIRECTLY AT THE THIRD PARTY SOURCE IF REQUIRED.